ThrowMotion, Inc. has an exciting opening for an ambitious, entrepreneurial Director of Sales & Business Development to join our company. We are looking for a self-starter, capable of establishing sales and distribution channels for a unique product, and driving sales and developing teams in the US and Asia. You will be responsible for selling and managing the product across multiple accounts (B2B and B2C), acting as the main point of contact for clients through the initial part of the product lifecycle.
You will work closely with the CEO to create and execute on an effective sales and business development strategy as well as a viable 5-yr sales plan covering the key markets for our product. These include India/South Asia, US, Australia, UK and Middle-East/Africa. The candidate should ideally come from a sales/marketing background and have extensive experience working with product development teams in bringing a new product to market.
- Drive sales strategy in key markets starting with US, UAE, India. Set aggressive but realistic sales projections (revenue targets) supported by a clear bottoms-up market analysis.
- Create partnerships with distributors and retailers and develop additional sales channels to meet revenue targets
- Help create presentations, proposals and other material for investor pitches and other internal and external presentations
- Identify and work with companies as potential brand partners. Help formulate branding/advertising plan
- Develop monetization strategies around web and mobile app
- Work with Product Engineers to develop and implement customer support, warranty plans
• University bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree is a plus
• 5+ year experience working at a startup or a larger corporation in a prominent marketing/sales/biz dev role
• Strong written and conversational skills in English. Proficiency in Hindi/Urdu/other major Indian language is a plus
• Ability and willingness to travel to key markets South Asia, UAE, UK and Australia. Approx. 20%-30% travel estimated
• Strong aptitude and curiosity for learning new technologies and products
• Excellent attention to detail, with a creative, proactive and analytical approach
• Results oriented, hard-working, self-motivated
• Should work well in a team environment and be able to synthesize information from meetings, brainstorms, and presentations into detailed proposals, briefs, and other written documents.
• A natural ability to close sales via self-generated and supplied leads.
• Highly motivated to meet/exceed targets.
• Thinking out of the box and creating different sales opportunities and channel partners
• Participating in brainstorm process, which includes organizing brainstorm agendas, aggregating follow up pitch materials, and drafting any corresponding proposal materials
• Managing a database of prospects and clients
• The administrative skills to open an office and build a team
• Enjoys sports and games. Familiar with Cricket
- Base salary – to be discussed. We are an early stage company
- Aggressive sales commission plan – you bring in the business we will reward you handsomely
- Early stage equity – we want you to be part of the success of the company
Email us your resume today: email@example.com